Body Imaging, Breast and Women’s Imaging
Undergradate school: Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME
Medical school: Oregon Health & Sciences University
Residency institution: Brown University Rhode Island Hospital and Women’s and Infants Hospital, Providence, RI.
Fellowship institution and specialty: Women’s Imaging: Brown University Rhode Island Hospital and Women’s and Infants Hospital, Providence, RI. Dr. Powers also completed mini-fellowships in Body and Prostate MRI at the American College of Radiology.
- American Medical Society
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Society of Breast Imaging
- American Institute of Ultrasound
- Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound
- Andrew Hawkins, Don Yoo, Jonathan Movson, Richard Noto, Kelly Powers and Grayson Baird. Journal of Nuclear Medicine Technology. Administration of Subcutaneous Buffered lidocaine prior to breast lymphscintigraphy reduces pain without decreasing lymph node visualization. December 1, 2014 vol 42, no.4: 20-264.
- Schmidt, M.M., Powers, K.J.; Clin Obstet Gynecol. Breast imaging: screening and evaluation. 2011 Mar.
- Kelly Powers, Jonathan Movson and Don Yo. RSNA Poster presentation. A pilot study to determine if the preprocedural administration of subcutaneous lidocaine reduces the level of pain and discomfort experienced by patients undergoing breast lymphoscintigraphy. Presented November 28, 2010 RSNA.
- Kelly Powers, Michael Beland and William Mayo-Smith, RSNA Scientific Paper, Is it really zero? Variablilty of sterile water density measurements during multi-phase contrast enhanced MDCT exams, presented November 2008 RSNA.
- Kelly Powers and Mahesh Jayaramen, RSNA Educational Exhibit, Brain AVMs: Look beyond the Nidus, accepted 2007.
- Kelly Johnson, Western Regional Meeting of the American Federation for Medical Research, Glucosamine supplementation and chondrocyte replacement for cartilage repair, 2000.